Chocolate and peanut butter, need I say more?!
Chocolate and peanut butter is my absolute FAVORITE combo when it comes to sweets, and today I’m sharing a recipe that gives you an updated, healthy twist on this classic combination!
These gluten-free, dairy-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes not only deliver mouth-watering flavor, but they also bring along a boost of nutritional superheroes, like powerful antioxidant vitamin E, bone-building magnesium, muscle-friendly potassium, and immunity-boosting vitamin B6.
And let’s not forget a strong dose of healthy fats!
Clean eating 100% of the time is an impossible and unnecessary goal. And when we think or talk about eating certain foods as “cheating,” we’re unnecessarily shouldering negative and/or shameful energy we can come to associate with the act of eating.
Stressing about what you ate/drank at a friends’ birthday party is worse for you than the food itself!
So go ahead, whip up a batch of these cupcakes, enjoy every bite, and let me know how long they last in your house!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
You will need: measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowl, mixing spoon, muffin tin, cupcake liners
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 2 cups almond flour (or a combination of 1 cup almond, 1 cup oat flour or flaxseed meal – all combinations work great)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
Ingredients for Topping:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, cacao powder, coconut sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the honey, almond milk and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Top each cupcake with a dollop of peanut butter and a few pieces of dark chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes.