The #1 reason I resisted the Keto diet for so long was the fact that I couldn’t eat chips. Of course I’ve been eating healthy for quite a while, but carbs are my favorite! And chips are my go-to when it comes to snacks. So, when I found out through my research that I couldn’t have them I completely turned off my computer and thought ‘Well! That was a nice thought!’ and grabbed a bag of potato chips to help me through the trauma.
But. . .I still wanted to try Keto. So, after some time to think about it I delved back into my research and discovered that the amazing Keto community has come up with all kinds of solutions to help people like me stick to the diet and satisfy their favorite junk food cravings!
These nacho zucchini chips are AH-MAZING. I’m actually a very big fan of zucchini. In fact, I use them as a substitute for noodles, so I was pretty stoked to find out that I could turn this versatile veggie into a crunchy, satisfying snack!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips using a mandolin
- Place slices in colander over the sink and sprinkle with lots of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes then press out water.
- Heat the oil in a fryer or pan to 350 degrees F.
- Drop the sliced zucchini into the hot oil. Working in batches of about 20 chips at a time.
- Once the zucchini turn golden brown, remove from fryer and place onto paper towel.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and enjoy!
Traditional Nacho Chips = 164 calories, 6g fat, 0.2g protein, 23.3g carbs
“Healthified” Nacho Chips = 66 calories, 6.9g fat, 0.6g protein, 1.6g carbs
(92% fat, 2% protein, 6% carbs)